Pizza Dough Ingredients:
300g AP Flour
8 grams Kosher Salt
2 grams Dry Yeast, Active
4 grams Olive Oil
– In a large stainless steel mix flour and salt.
– Add 200 grams of lukewarm tap water, yeast, and olive oil.
– Knead until combined, about 4 minutes, folding the dough over itself and pushing downwards in a
clockwise fashion. Cut into two evenly sized balls and knead them over themselves until they are nice and round.
– Let rest for 20 minutes, then knead for 3 minutes.
– Place on a heavily floured sheet tray, and cover with a damp unscented kitchen towel.
– If you plan on using right away, leave at room temperature for 3 hours, then use your hands to form into a pizza shape, and top & bake right away.
– The dough will be more full of flavor if you leave it covered in the fridge for 2 days before using it.
– The day you plan to use the dough, pull it from the fridge about 2 hours before you’d like to use it. This will make the dough easier to work with, and give it a nice airy crust.
– To bake the pizza, preheat your oven to 500F on the broil setting, and place a pizza steel or stone in the middle rack of the oven. Slip the dressed pizza onto the stone/steel, and bake until the crust is slightly charred and the toppings are cooked. You may need to rotate the pizza slightly.
– Brush the crust with olive oil, and finish with any leafy greens after the bake if you desire.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
– 1 can san Marzano tomatoes, whole
– Salt, to taste
– 10 basil leaves
– Empty contents of cans into a stainless steel bowl.
– Using both hands, squeeze the tomatoes and basil between your fingers until the mixture is mostly uniform in texture.
– Add salt to taste. Remember that ingredients can be salty, especially deli meats, so use salt sparingly.
Your email address will not be published. Your comment will be displayed once it is approved by the site admin.
Your email address will not be published.
Your comment will be displayed once it is approved by the site admin.